Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Pokey Adrenal

Me. My Car... who's next?

I've heard "i'm stressed! I'm stressed," from so many people on so many different spectrums of the life chart...

Sadly, I think i've used that statement more in the last 8 or 9 months than I'd ever let on...

Which is funny, because I've never really had the tendency to get stressed.
It never made much sense to me, because overall... everything always ends up ok, always gets done, and always comes to flourition... there is really no need to sit around and fray your nerves about all the "small stuff."

Hello... they wrote an entire book about it...

But the last eight or nine months? Oi! Stress a-mundo.
The teeniest, tiniest, itt-bittiest thing would throw me on a stress-loop. I was having major problems just being myself and responding accordingly to people who were just being helpful or suggestive. So.... not like me.

So much so, that I went into my alternative health care/chiropractic guy to check it out.
Turns out, my Adrenals are totally blown to bits.

What does this mean translated to middle school english?

ADRENALS:
The adrenals are our energy and stress system. When we are under a great deal of stress, we will usually blow out our B-complex vitamins which in turn will eventually blow out our adrenal systems, as it is this system that takes over when we are too tired to function, and yet we continue to push ourselves. When your B-vitamins and adrenals have been blown out, symptoms will begin to appear. At first you may feel more tired than usual, eventually looking for a nap in the afternoon. You may find you cannot handle the littlest stress in your life and eventually, you may find you are not able to sleep at night even though you are very exhausted. This deficiency becomes overwhelming to the body and it seems as though you are on a merry-go-round. You are very tired, but cannot sleep, and so you become even more tired and drained. In order to help heal the adrenals, it is imperative to reduce stress in your life as much as possible. Remember healing yourself is your responsibility and although you cannot heal others, you can make conscious decisions in your life as far as what is and what is not acceptable.

Well, geez.

That makes so much sense.

No wonder I could drink 42 oz of cafe mocha in an hour and not have it affect me...

My poor body.

Just like the battery in my car, it's shot to bits, even though i've tried to facilitate it beyond it's capacity. Seems my circumstances were doing the same to my system.

Hooray for repair. My battery should only take half hour. I feel this adrenal business is going to take just a tad bit longer...

Hahaha... I said, "adrenal."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home