Tuesday, March 14, 2006

R.I.P. my bike.

I would call myself an avid bike rider.
That was until the last year when i let the 'hubby' borrow it to go to work one day and he blew out the front tire.

Big suprise.

Mysteriously, a week later, the rear tire blew out, as well.

No big deal... you just get new inner tubes for $2.99 at REI or something...

Anyway... the glorious day that I closed on my new home, just two weeks ago, I thought it fit to drive straight over to my abode and unload the massive amount of shit packed tightly in my car.

I have no garage, but I do have a car port. Something I actually really enjoy because it does the job right, and will make a neat little patio place in the summer.

Unfortunately, I wasn't brainy enough to think that my bike may not clear the roof of the port upon pulling into my driveway. Even atop my car, I totally thought it would clear an easy 3" or 4".

Wrong.

I pulled under and felt a nice snug *thunk.*

Damnit...


My thot proccess developed as such:

Shall I leave the car in, and try to pull the bike off of my car roof to refrain from causing any more damage?

-or-

Shall I back up so that i have clear access to the bike, the rack, and my car?

Yeah... that second one sounded like a much better idea.

I threw my stick into reverse and backed up with a jerk to the gas break ( I thot ripping off the perverbial bandaid would be quick and painless).

Instead, The rack bent into my car, snapped in half, ripped the entire seat off of my gorgeous mountain bike, then snapped the front frame of the bike in half.

You know that moment that you know you just fucked up royally and you sit there cringing, wonder how you could have made such a collossal idiot decision?

There it was.

And when it passed, I cried for 10 minutes, not even about the bike, really.
More about the culmination of change that had occurred over the last 24 hours.
And, "How the fuck am I doing this all right now?"

Fuck, man. Now it's sitting in a pathetic little pile in my car port. Sad, sad bike.

Sad, sad sami.

I guess it's all the more reason for me to get a moped.

R.I.P. my beautiful little bike...
1994-2006.
(picture refrained out of respect to the bike).

Booooooo.

**i'm going to be an auntie times two.

***if you're looking for cheap entertainment, come over. I didn't see anything yet, but I keep hearing little kitty feet fly across my wood floors and then *SLAM!* against the wall.
I'm not totally sure what's going on, but i'm pretty sure it's worthy of AFV status. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home