Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Like, Oh my gawd! Finally...!

I was going to try to give up criticisms for lent but:

1. Oakley brings out the criticizing bitch in me.
2. About 97% percent of my humor stems from snotty remarks (cause blundt honesty, even when brutal) is pretty hilarious, and I'd rather be witty than quiet library girl.

Where?: the local coffee joint.

What?: Making fun of a guy (i'll link you later if you e-mail me so you can judge for yourself, tho you won't get the full affect without his boistrous, self-rightious attitude) that used "me" and "I" 15 times within the course of the two minutes (Oakley counted).

Why?: He took his gracious time to walk over to me, my friends, and about 70 other groups of people in the coffee bar, with hands on waist, to not-so-subtely revolve ours (and every one elses') conversation around himself, how he's amazing at music, going to L.A. because "his brother has connections," and that he cut the brownie Teresa and I were sharing.

Seriously. You're not good. I have some really awesome friends in denver that are amazing in talent and don't lay around and brag about themselves. I did a little booking as well as other involvement and did an appauling amount of research and a large span of music writing for a publication revolving around just that... I hate to pull the "i know better than you" card, but it's something i'm confident about. My friends dont' trust me in regaurds to music for nothing...

However, I very much encourage you to move to L.A. and figure it out for yourself - because someone needs to get you off that pedastal and knock some sense into you. Learn from Experience! It's the best route!

Sadly, In this case, I think the fall from the top will be pretty crushing, as the crowd you pulled to support you while you performed your two songs tonight was very impressive. I didn't get it... why would a "friend" feed you with false confidence? Hurting, not helping.

Wow. I sound so... "Denver Message Board." Sorry. Had to get it out.
This singer/songwriter guy really did annoy me this much.

Ok, you've caught me. I"m back in Rapid City, SD... throw it in a book... "big city girl moves back to tiny town and goes through big life change."

Yes... that's "that chapter" right now...

And i've easily stepped into the snotty city girl role. The typical bitch chic you see in all of the movies.

Judging. Judging.... JUDGING!

i'm wildly exaggerating...but the book is better that way.

So much for that whole lent deal... but jackasses like this guy make it so damn easy.

More to come on a regular basis (me hopes)...

Other news:
*I have a new job: marketing assistant/director --- helping to revamp a company in a huge turnaround... i love it.
*Bought a house, so my free time is consumed with "Samantha Stewart" home projects.
*Our family shmitty pants Gabriella died yesterday :-(
...way bummed!

Here's to her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home