Sunday, April 02, 2006

April Fool

I didn't play any mean jokes yesterday.

The ones that I could have pulled were subjective to coming back to bite me in the ass, so i figured I should leave well-enough alone, and spend the day bbqing, cruising around town on my new favorite possession (which i really think makes people happy because they all smile when you ride by on something no one else in town has posession of) and having a free-for-all "food day" with Robbie.

Today, rather than simmer in the hate that i have for "Daylight Savings Time" -- my all-time, least-favorite occurance during the year -- i've been trying to get my life organized and back into shape.

Feeling good, seeing as how most of the time, i'm doing this for other people...

This means:

**a clean car
**a stream-lined phone plan (I went over nearly $100 the last two months from... TEXT MESSAGES?!?!?!!?!??!!? I spent a good chunk of my afternoon on the phone with customer service and cut my prices a jillion.. $80 is little to ask for my spansive plan.
**bill pay directly from my checking account (SO COOL! has anyone else discovered this?) --- it ain't no online-bill pay from the website -- but from your bank... they send out payments to businesses when you say "go." So cool... And saves me cash on Stamps.
**Clean sheets
**Clean Curtains (who knew if i washed them once, it's shrink them to the size i needed. happy coincidence= serendipity)
**Clean House

I've also come to the peace of mind that my initial plan set forth in February, albiet hard at the time, was a good one... I miss denver dearly and have already become bored with Rapid City.

Really bored.

I mostly miss the little things... St. Marks Cafe Mochas...Really Tall buildings, walking two blocks to great pizza, a stellar flower shop, "Buzz" Central and this little vintage "marylin" style store... music every night of the week... city noise... normal drivers...hustle... central airport... mountains... stores/vendors open later than 9pm...my independence away from our so-called family dynasty (yuck to the 9th factor... i'm starting to judge some family members a lot less...).

Ok, it's basically all things. But there's the bonus baby, great friends and always somewhere to be other than home. Oh yeah... and Cake. REALLY GOOD CAKE from Piece of Cake.

Plus, the place I worked all through college... it's bottomless free beverages whenever I choose. Very cool..

I"m glad to be here doing my thing to help out where I can for awhile, but being here has restored my thots even further that I either need to head back to Denver in a few months, or most likely, another big city on the map (i'm really leaning toward Chicago right now, despite the cold... it's still central, near water, and cool as hell!).

I wasn't aware that Easter was coming up so fast on the 16th of April... I"m either staying here or heading to Boston to watch a good friend of mine run the Marathon. I've always wanted to check out Beantown, so here's a great opportunity...

For now, it's quality time with my brother and his pooch who is the wildest woman around...
hopefully tomorrow, i'll have something smarmy and witt-telligent words to share with you all.

Until then, I bid you a wonderful lazy Sunday afternoon (and more sunshine at night!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home