Friday, August 25, 2006

Discipline

I think i've crossed over to the bad side.

Depending on whichever way you look at it... I could also be deemed responsible.

Last weekend, I misplaced my visa check card somewhere in Philadelphia. Actually... I think it may have been near the border of New Jersey by the Ben Franklin Bridge whilst using this card to buy a Dunkin' Donut and Small Vanilla Latte for $1.90.

Rather than tucking the card back into my card case - i think i crumpled it up with the reciept and ditched it with the bag. I'm so glad i left a piece of me out there.

But all is not lost, because it was the new NEW card, while i still had the old OLD card and was still able to afford certain things (a hotel room desperately needed for myself and said boyfriend who had not seen eachother in a month+) as well as food, gas, and the other goods...

When I returned home, I ran straight to the bank, canceled my card, then ordered anew. Lucky for me, i've been reading up on "how to start saving" and all that other responsible adult stuff because that's what you do when you're an adult... and also when you're killing time during slow periods at work - and I had started to put some $$ away in savings.

Since I have no checks - i'm completely without check card, and nad no cash (save the 1958 $2 bill I mentioned earlier, but don't dare spend because it's worth at lesat $8), i wrote out a withdrawl slip from my savings account and walked out with $100 cold hard cash.

The first $7 went fast... I think on Coffee or something... and then a chocolate chip muffin and some gasoline for my scooter.

I headed to the grocery store two days later with $86 and some change, to arrive at the register with a total reciept charge of $86.99. I dug out the change, the cashier gave me a quarter. Cha-CHING.

Since I still have no cash, and have yet to recieve my check card, I went to Borders with Teresa last night and bought a coffee and brownie with quarters and dimes that I somehow scrownged together last minute.

Classy.

I'm fighting to stay OFF my reserve line until Payday next friday and stay spend free and thrifty. Let me tell you... by $14.84 check from waiting tables two weeks ago was a god send... so much so, that I think i'm going to spend about 1/3 of that on the new Zach Braff movie or Little Miss Sunshine with Steve Carrell***

But instead of getting some chocolate (which i'm really needed a lot of lately)... i'm eating what's left of my coffee ice cream (hagen daz)...wishing that today's friday was the next... because then I wouldn't be in this predicament.


***Did anyone watch The Office last night? where it's Carrell's Birthday? You best check something out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home