Tuesday, May 30, 2006

How many miles does it take?!

I've gone back and forth from Denver more times in my lifetime than i'll ever like to count. And all of you that have done this trip know there are about a million different routes in the middle.
I change it up inevitably each trip based on my mood... but usually end up with my gut instinct on:

a. which ruote is shortest in milage
b. which route will allow me to speed and avoid cops :-)

Last year, someone presented me with "The Guernsey Shortcut" -- Supposedly it shaves 15 - 20 minutes off of your 6 hour trip - which doesn't make sense to me at all... because while the route is more scenic and 'cuts across' the L that goes from Mule Creek Junction to Lusk from I-25 (this exit is only about 20 miles past the exit to Guernsey - the "shortcut" is 40 miles, and still takes about 25 miles to get over to Guernsey from the interstate... what?!)

I always thot it seemed fishy - and didn't really buy it...

And now that I've got a streets and maps trip planner here -- I wanted to give all of you who have some desire to know this the skinny --

Here's the Run-Down (and all of you have told me about this are sadly mistaken, and wasting driving time *and gas money*) :

Rapid -> Lusk -> Mule Creek -> Denver:
Distance: 406.7 miles Trip duration: 6 hours, 27 minutes

Rapid -> Lusk -> Guernsey "Shortcut" -> Denver:
Driving distance: 415.2 miles Trip duration: 6 hours, 49 minutes

Rapid ->Lusk -> Torrington -> Denver:
Driving distance: 388.0 miles Trip duration: 6 hours, 39 minutes

Rapid -> Newcastle, Lusk - Mule Creek -> Denver:
Driving distance: 420.1 miles Trip duration: 6 hours, 47 minutes

Rapid -> Newcastle -> Lusk -> Torrington ->Denver:
Driving distance: 401.4 miles Trip duration: 6 hours, 58 minutes

Rapid -> Scottsbluff, NE --> Denver:
Driving distance: 402.5 miles Trip duration: 6 hours, 42 minutes



Hmm... Wierd. Going through Guernsey is your worst possible bet. Sucks for all of you!
Fly through Hot springs and Torrington.. Suck up slowing down in the small cities... It said the duration of the trip is longer, but because it's on country roads, you can speed a little bit, cut 20 miles, and make it to D-Town anywhere between 5 hours - 5 hours and fifteen minutes.

PEACHY, eh!?

Eh!


**Ad0n** --- If anyone is taking any summer road trips and wants help planning their shortest carride, lemmieknow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home