Friday, May 05, 2006

My Three Big Loves

There are a few big loves in our lifetime.

And then there are the little ones that go unmentioned in day-to-day conversation:

1. The Soup Spoon. I looooovvvvvee the soup spoon. Yeah, a regular one gets the job done, but does it let you bury your upper lip deep into the concave construction? I really, really really love the soup spoon - so much so that I get a little excited when I order soup and know that one is coming my way.

I can't explain the bizarre adoration I have for this inatimate object, other than just like wrapping a warm towel around your fresh-out-of-the-shower body, the soup spoon offers my mouth that same, overwhelming comfort.





2. FeBreeze: Hi... best invention EVER. Now, I can't smell, but you can bet your ass in a home that houses me, two cats and a pup, that it's going to get stinky. I have full confidence that when I clean my house, open some windows and then Febreeze the hell out of every fabric/carpet/surface in my home, that it's going to smell like roses.

"Some genius chemistry geek over at proctor and gamble, said, 'Let's create a spray that you can spray on ANYTHING and EVERYTHING, to make it smell good'. Now we all use Febreeze to refreshen the odors on our couches, carpets, towels, clothes, mouths, armpits, car upholstry, dogs, cats, gerbils, guinea pigs... whatever still stinks you need to extinguish." (quoted)

Better this than worrying about some wierd stench floating around my house...
These people have different ideas of the best invention; but in my top 10, Febreeze rules King.








3. The Dog Park: Rapid City may not have much to offer commercial wise (no stores, no Whole Foods, 1 Starbucks, just just JUST got an Olive Garden, no... shops/restraunts open past 8!!?!?), but they do get the million dollar prize for the insanely beautiful dog park reserved for our four-legged friends just west of the Fish Hatchery.

Have a puppy driving you absolutely nuts? Need to run her out of energy? Need to socialize them around other people and dogs?
There's your answer... A huge, multi-acre lot with trees, right near the creek and complete with an old hocky rink that has been turned into a little 'training' area for your pooch to run around rampid for an hour plus.

I don't even question what I'll do after work now. It's Get off work, go home, get the dog, DRIVE to the dog park.

Now Bela expects it, is well behaved during the day because of it and is now so familiar with the route that she gets all excited on the way there.

Gotsta thank Suzy for introducing me and all the cool people there (Nolan, Kaylie and our little friends: Teddy, Odin, Isis and more...) for lettin Miss Thang be social butterfly. :-)

And I guess that Last one can go as one of Bela's Big Loves, too... right alongside treats and her duckie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home