Tuesday, June 28, 2005

This one is For Katie

and coming to you at 6:52 in the a.m.

After four days of being attached at the hip to my current, we've finally managed to step away from each other. And while i should be working on some writing stuff for this killer publication, i'm writing to you, here, because i know some people [cough cough *katie* cough] get a little irritated when i don't update this sucker.

I'm sitting here staring at my "in" box on AOL. Yes... i still have aol. I don't know why either, when i could be saving $25/month to just use something else.

The number above the mailbox reads: 147.

I went through a panic at work last thursday after feeling harshly excluded from the secret club at work that i sent myself everything i possibly could have off of my computer at work. And by everything... i mean everything. Yes, it's vague, but i'm smirking a little bit.

Turns out, I'm still very much wanted at work - but it's this sort of wierd limbo because i work there, but i don't... i'm not expected to come in - but i can when i'd like - sort of - deal. so if i dispear, i don't feel obligated? except that i'm still recieving full salary over the next two weeks so that i can find myself a new job. Sounds like paid vacation to me - and after being so stressed over the last few months about work, and also carrying around some sort of virus for the past few weeks - a break in limbo is very, very welcome.

Damn though, I wish that movie theaters were open this early, cause i have a shit-ton of movies to catch up on.

This weekends Highlights:

- Drinking at The Keg (sweet bathrooms - i actually ran into a pretty good-looking guy in the Ladies who was walking out as i was wakling in and looked just a little more than confused..)

- Westword Music Showcase (Matson really is good... Hot IQs, not so much - tho the drummer is a chic (hot) and the lead singer has got a bitchin' voice and is handsome to boot)

- Sancho's Broken Arrow, read: this tiny bar across from the Fillmore on the corner of Colfax and Clarkson that is dedicated entirely to the Greatful Dead. This was my sacrifice to Sean on his 27th birthday - though i had a really good time, and even was serenaded by some stranger named Paul that supposedly works in Hollywood.

- Angie Stevens on The Mountain Homegrown show last night. Did you hear it?

A good friend of mine is driving up here today to visit on his way to law school in Indiana. I'll probably hit up work for an hour or so and now... i'm about to unleash the fury of a really long nap.

I've been missing out on celebrity gossip. Anybody got anything good? Like... maybe, ya know... Ryan Reyolds and Alanis Broke up? Or... What the FUCK did Tomkat do now?.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home