Thursday, June 16, 2005

Requium for a Dream

I've been getting sick over the last week.

So i've also been going to bed, takin' in extra vitimin C and just trying to get better. Period.
Last night, I laid in bed coughing for an hour before i got up and decided to search my medicine cabinet for something that would tell my lungs and throat to 'chill the fuck out' so i could get some sleep.

I found liquid codine -- a doctor had prescribed it to me when i had a case of severe strep during the elections last november. It worked. Until 6am. It was pretty close 'til 8 (my usual wake-up time)... but i couldn't stop coughing again, so i took a little more.

Clean wiped me out.

My dream within' the next two hours went as followed:

I went to some movie with Lisa Hanson and another friend (from Elementary School). Christine Hanson (from High School) comes in with her little Movie Outfit and tells me,

"The Phone's for you, Sami! It's your mom. She's really mad because she said you failed a math class and it's going to mess up your scholarships."

I think, crap. am i going to have to go back to college? Did i not really graduate!?

So i get on the phone and my mom proceeds to tell me that Ryan Hanson (this guy i had a crush on in 7th grade) went out with some girl, and his mom is very angry because she saw a picture of me and wants him to be with me.

"What? I haven't even seen him since high school?! I haven't even liked him since 7th grade (where, might I had, My friends and i nick-named him "snoopy" so that no one would know who i actually liked)."

"Well... you better do some control on that, because she's really angry."

Suddenly, Andrew Busse walks by in a blue north face jacket, sporting a scruffy beard.

"BUSSE!" i call.

He comes over and proceeds to argue with me about how I still like Ryan and blah blah blah. And i'm saying No, I haven't even thought about him since middle school.

"Well," says Andrew, "Apparently, his Mom knows that you're supposed to end up together, and she's flaming mad!"

Ok. I can't do anything about it right now, because there is a double feature and i'm supposed to go back and hang out with Lisa or go see my new nephew.

I see my Aunt Stephanie in the movie theater and avoid her. I don't want to talk to her.

I get in my car and drive to Oakley and Teresa's house to see the baby, but instead... get sidetracked at a house that some woman is selling. I may purchase it and pay mortgage. After all, it's a better idea than renting forever. I wouldn't be throwing my money away.

I move around the house, and it seems as though it comes furnished. I don't get to decorate. Bummer. But there's a great movie showing on the livingroom tub, so i camp out on an oversized lounge chair, eat some popcorn and enjoy myself.

Suddenly, Seth Green, dressed as tarzan, jumps in with a spear head and kills the woman. I had seen him around town, but wasn't sure what was up. All of these blood, mucus covered heads start filing in around me. Windows, doors -- through the kitchen... they're all naked, but all i really remember are their bloody, round heads filing in. To kill me.

I wake up in a flash, feeling that it's late.

[8:40]

Fuck. I wash my face and brush my teeth, still overtly high on Codien --- it took everything to drive to work today. Seriously almost threw up --- the feeling of motion sickness via a bad rollercoaster set in heavily as i drove willy nilly to work.

I'm staying late tonight to hold down the fort while Chuck Prophet is here...
weeeeee!

i'm wondering what is with all of the high school throwbacks though?? And Ryan Hansen? What...the...fuck?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home