Friday, April 22, 2005

Three calls + Three AM and Payphone = Worry

I awoke at 3:03am to The Strokes, "Automatic Stop" blaring out of my phone speaker.

Wierd... no one that isn't special enough to have a different ringer would ever call me this late.

I didn't recognize the number, so i silenced my phone and rolled back over in bed.
Again, at 3:05am, my phone rang from the same number.

get the fucking hint, man. i'm sleeping.

I silenced the phone again and waited for my phone to alert me of voicemail.

[no voicemail] but...

at 3:06am, my phone rings again from the same number.

Now i'm jus pissed. but still hoping for a message.

No message.

How many people in colorado know my number? Seven? I thought it could have been the deushbag italian [i.e. the Kevin Federline look-a-like]. i deleted his number long ago.. i would have no caller identification rights. Perhaps someone that was drunk and lonely. or just drunk and wanting to talk to me? that's fine.






Around 3:09am, i call the number back, figuring, "oh, ok. I'll see who it is and what they want. maybe it'll be some long lost person."


[Bee...deee.beeeep. The number 8-3-1----9-8-8-8 cannot recieve incoming calls. 8-3-1---9-8-8-8 cannot recieve incoming calls. *click*].

Fuuuuuck.

Honestly. I thot maybe, just maybe it was chris. he can't call me from his phone because he has no long distance... so it definately seemed feasible. maybe he called from a pay phone. but my number is long distance... could you really throw in that much change so quickly? and, further... if he were using a calling card, there's no way he could dial the phone card number, the code, my number and all of that other bullshit within a minutes time [3:05-3:06am].

Then my gut turned and i worried. What if he, or someone i love... was in jail... and i was their one phone call. It happens. I know about... three people in colorado that would definately have me as their first person to call to bail their ass out of jail. Two of which, would actually end up in jail, considering their lifestyles/circumstance.

fuuuuuuuck.

Except... don't you think they'd leave a message?

Something like... "Hey. This is so and so... I um... am in trouble, and need you to come to 702 Jailbird Lane and bring $300. I'll explain later. Thanks..."

Maybe they were calling from a payphone.
Maybe they were calling from a payphone in an airport.
It couldn't have been a wrong number, because they wouldn't have called back three times.

I wish i would have answered my fucking phone now.
[though i'm skiddish since i recieved a sexual harrassment/threatening phone call around that time while at school one year]

If anyone knows this number: 303-831-9888... or you are, in fact, the person that called me, can you please tell me what the fuck is up and let me know if you're ok? i'm a little worried.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home