Wednesday, April 20, 2005

SO BLACKLISTED!

A friend of mine is a google master.

And if ever i start some business firm, and need someone to do all of my investigative backing to make sure i don't need to sick the mafia on anyone's ass... he's my man.

I"m particularly pissed off right now because a certain band that has been bugging me every fucking five seconds at my job about 'booking a show at the walnut room" posted a review on their website from me:

"Many different music genres into one band... the music is solid, tight... this is great."
- Me, The Front Magazine

This wouldn't be a problem, had I said it was OK to use my name. OH yeah... and i had actually said that...

Unfortunately, i did not. i mean.. i did, but not in that order. or in that regard.

Not only that, but the personal e-mail that was exchanged between me and the lead singer had nothing to do with the publication i write for. AT ALL.

Totally, not fuckin' cool.

I'm a journalism major, bitches. I know all the tricks of switching quotes around to put them in good favor. but one thing you need to know when concerning stuff like this: to quote someone, you need their fucking permission.

So i contacted them via e-mail:

"This is Samantha Lien from The Walnut Room. A friend of mine just pointed out to me that you had posted a quote from me on your website, as, "Samantha Lien, The Front Magazine."

Not only is that NOT what i said, it had nothing to do with The Front Magazine AT ALL, and i really don't appreciate you posting this.

Please take this down immediately.

Samantha"


I'm not at work, so i can't tell you what i wrote in this so-called "review" right now...but i'm pretty sure it was a polite variation of:

"hi.. you suck. you sound like an 80s hair band trying to mix in reggea, rap and Scott Stapp's [Creed] lead vocals."

i pulled a Paula Abdul and tried to give your rhythm section props. i was just looking for something nice to relay so you could build your egos at your 'band meeting' that night.

I look forward to comparing the e-mail i actually sent you to the quote you placed on your website... as i still have the 'review' saved on my account at work...

As for this band... i don't know if you ever visit this website, but consider our 'business relationship' terminated. In regards to The Walnut Room, don't call. Don't e-mail. Don't stop by asking for a summer date so you can bring in all of your really loyal fanbase.

Maybe next time you're trying to help yourselves out to a beneficial opportunity or trying to grab a favor, like so many of the other bands out there just like you... you should really think before your act.

[That or don't do shady shit like the above with the person you are trying to retain business from. Get a brain!]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home