Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Rock your sox off...

I was working on scarf three of six tonight when my phone rings. i knew before i checked the caller id that it was my boss... mostly because he callls me atleast once a day to ask me a question about work or whatever. kinda funny actually. But today... at around 8:30pm... he called to tell me to not worry about coming into work tomorrow or wed and to just take the rest of the week off.. he'll see me next wednesday. sa-weeet! he officially kicks ass. plus scott (the right hand guy... adore him) is getting a chocolate lab puppy (11weeksold)... actually.. i think he got her tonite, so i'll get to play with puppy all day at work when i get back. WAHOOO! i love my job. i love the people there. i am such a lucky girl!

So i finished up the scarf... my laundry, just packed, and i'm about to hit up either my bed, or the shower so that i can just get up and go tomorrow. i'm all super excited now... especially since my family still isn't expecting me until late wednesday evening, so me showing up around 6-7pm is going to be a fun suprise.

plus two more suprises...

because i just can't leave my kitties alone for over a week at christmas... so they're coming with me. i know it sounds eccentric, but they're family... i feel like they need to be around on a holiday. I think Maynard and Holiday will agree.

I'm hoping to do some ice skatin' on the pond up at the man cabin with hayden and joe... complete with bon fire, as well. so very greeting card. soooo very fun. my cousin/brotha erik is on leave from the marines before he goes back to africa or iraq in january... haven't seen him since june. and while i have all of my presents taken care of, i still have to wrap them all, which is just a boatload of fun.

But back to the scarf thing... Had me thinking... because when you are focusing on such a brainless thing... your mind tends to wander. But... i am curious as to why all of these musical artist chics are all coming out with fragrances?

Examples:

Celine Dion's Notes

J-Lo's glow:


Britney Spears' Curious


Jessica Simpson's line of body fragrance stuff... (that tastes like yumness)


which by the way, reminds me... that i really want that karma sutra body dust/powder stuff for xmas. yuuuummmmm!

back on topic.

Why do these girls feel compelled to push a line of fragrance? i mean.. everyone smells different... and what smells good on them won't neccessarily smell good on someone else... IT'S ALL CHEMISTRY!!!!

not like i really care. after all, i have no sense of smell.. but still... Is it the modeling opportunity? A snooty way to say... "I am SOOO rich and famous, i can make my own custom perfume that you should buy and find out reaks horrendous." ??? Or... is it so they have a shot at creating a new theme song that is synonamous with the product (think Celine Dion on that stupid sky swing... where does that latch into anyway???)???

Just something to think about...

i'm off for south dakota... meaning legos for christmas, tracking santa online with my stepdad, and reallly reallly delicious food. hoooray!

i'll check in momentarily. ya'all have a good one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home