Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Just Left of Bad Luck

Things have actually been going very swimmingly as of late, but it seems that the left side of my body is taking all the major hits.

I could feel a sore throat coming on (which feels wierd after you have your tonsils removed) and a raging middle ear infection.

What did James call it? Otomediapathy? Haha. I don't remember.

As if that didn't hurt enough, I was riding to work this morning on my scooter and in my 35 mph scooter path, that damn bee flew his damn stinger right into the nape of my neck, nestling right on in the collar of my jacket and sitting there until i scooped him out.

I'm sitting at work now with a giant ice pack on the red, swollen sting just now realizing that there is satisfaction in what just happened - because don't bees die as soon as they sting someone.

Yeah, bitch. Take it all!

If anyone knows of any ani-stick-stuff-in-you-ear remedies for the very above problem, I would appreciate it. It's throwing off my balance and stuff... i hate ears...


On another note, to save you the hassle... The post office does NOT meter more than five pieces of mail at a time (Lame, I know!).

So, instead of just dropping 300+ envelopes I had spent ALL day compiling yesterday into a metering machine, I had to individually stamp every single one (are you kidding me!?)

Canada's were annoying, because I had to put a combo on (one 84 cent stamp, two 3 cents stamps)... but the kicker is when I had gotten halfway through the United States Mailers when another postal worker said,

"Oh... you'll need more than that on there!"
"No... she said she sold me 63 cent stamps..."
"No, those are only 39."

"Great...," I started to get annoyed. "So, is she going to help me restamp all of these then, cause this is taking for ever?"

Nope. I got a little help toward the end, but after I had to pay an additional $64 dollars (of my own cash) to get a second stamp to place on the 300 envelopes, I was pretty f'ing peeved.

Postal Service** and I... not getting along right now...

**government ran business... not the band.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home