Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Give me my Life Back!

Man...

So, When I first moved to denver a few years ago, I had the opportunity to be an intern for $100 a week at Mania TV...

Seriously, cool thing. If you haven't heard of them, they're kind of a big deal.

When I walked into the interview, I was super charmed by the huge school bus housing all of the technical equipment and the open warehouse. Looked like fun.

The guy in charge of marketing was even cooler. Italian guy, who was looking to get married soon (this only came up because I was writing for a Destination Wedding Planning Company).

The sad thing is, that straightening out the internship/really-part time job set-up took for-ever.
We e-mailed each other... back and forth, back and forth.

I was really excited to go work there, but he just never knew for sure what his answer was.

Along the way, I went to interview with Ma, Scott and Johnny Burr over at Soundstructure and The Walnut Room.

Fell in love. Wanted the job. GOT the job!

Just a day later, the guy from Mania TV contacted me with a solidified position for intern at Mania TV for the proposed $100 a week, as long as I put in 15-20 hours or so a week.

My first thot was... Man! Working 60 hours a week would blow... and I bet it's kind of a commute. I'll never have time to... do nothing.

Seriously... what would I have done? I had no friends... no boyfriend... nothing but free time to watch movies, eat fruit pizza and go running on green mountain.

Now i'm bummed because I should have just sacrificed that time...really, it's the great way to have my Vh1/MTV Lifestyle without having to live in New York. Not to mention the fact that ManiaTV is actually located only a FEW BLOCKS from SS/TWR. Crazy...

I probably would have made friends FROM Mania... while making all the friends I did at Soundstructure/TWR and when Soundstructure went part time, I probably could have picked up a zillion more hours or a full-time commitment over at Mania doing what i really really really love (working hard in an environment I thrive in - music... music...glamour television...music)... and i'd pretty much feel like the coolest person ever.

I also probably wouldn't be in South Dakota Right now.

Grrrrrrr.

Damn that all!!!!!!!! Damn that!!

I really need to get "my shit" back on track...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home