Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Junk and Stuff

Living in such a huge city (finally), i tend to forget that there is such a selection of things to do... INCLUDING HAUNTED HOUSES at Halloweeeeeeeeeen :)

I went to Frightmare Last night and had so much fun! They pick out anything that could ever possibly bug/scare you and throw it in a cornfield. FUN! YOu should go. The adreneline rush is worth the $13. skip paying $6 extra for the VIP line tho... we got in pronto.

I'm also considering hitting up a Rocky Horror Picture Show, as the movie sucks, but the live thing is always a blast. I went last year (for the first time) with J-man and laughed histerically because this girl that was crushing on him was in the play and pulled him onstage to dance. He's white.

"There are two things i don't do well. Basketball and Dance."

He wasn't wrong. hahahahaha.

Regardless, karma kicked my butt for laughing at him after the show. As we were 'mingling' with stage crew after the performance, Rocky (this african american dude in a gold speedo) came up to me and said, "Oh heeeeyyyyy!!!!" Arms outstretched, and still in his speedo, he gave me a most friendly hug. It was uncomfortable and confusing, until i figured out that he was my downstairs neighbor. Nice guy.

Damn, i have so many stories from last year. Livin with Cabnet-ee CHicken girl. (love her). Some guy across the street left me a note on our front door that he wanted to cook me dinner sometime... so he did, and left it on my front porch. Kick-ass date. Free food, and no akwardness of lame conversation.

Hank (Rocky Horror) left a note under the surname "Henry" ---

"Hey Sexy Lady... why don't you come out with me sometime to have a beer. "

I never responded because i had no idea who Henry was... Shame.

I had also caved and bought a cell phone. All summer long I recieved phone calls from a slew of guys (whom i'm assuming were hot) for "Sam."

"Hey, is Sam there?"
"This is."
"Uhh..."

Or they would leave messages saying, "Yo Sam, what's up dogg... i've been in the hospital, what you up to man? Did you have your girlfriend do your voicemail or what?"

After talking to a few of them, i finally discovered that some guy named Sam had my number before me. Wierd, huh?

Wierder still... My puppy Ella used to have free roaming ground of the apartment complex. We'd leave the front door open, she'd run around and come home when I called her. Everyone around got worried and would call saying, "Hey--- i have your dog!" One of them turns out to be a guy named "Sam." He lives next door to us, sharing a bedroom wall with my roomie, and it is the very same Sam who claimed my phone number previous to my ownership. Freaky. Fate...maybe?

Last year was good. Way good. I think possible the best year thus far in my 22 (almost 23) years of life. Great living situation...great roomie, close best friend and finally conquered all the past relationship strife...really hot, smart, sami's ideal man around... really kick-ass grades. I laughed a lot, too. Something i haven't been doing so much of here... just for awhile after I had started dating this tall Italian lover that told me my most endearing quality was that i smiled and laughed so much. Not that I'm sad. At all. Just... different I suppose.

Speaking of which... you know what a really great trait in a guy is? Smile Lines around the eyes.

I forgot how great Jason Mraz is. Listening to a piano rendition of "0% Interest." Rawr. Though... i'm not so sure i can listen to him so much cause he makes me sad ... :(
What's that quote from High Fidelity? Somethign about... Are we sad before the music, or did the music make us mopey, degenerative bastards. what is that...?

Matt Nathanson is here twice next month (Nov 16 and 17).

I'm excepting donations for, "Send Sami to Flagstaff Fund." If you'd like to contribute, please leave your comment at the bottom (anyone is able), or call my cell phone if you have the number, or e-mail me at samimcscratch@aol.com. Or... send me mail, via postal... i heart snail mail.

I think i'm going to dress up in a full-coverage costume this year so that i can go trick-or-treating.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All those calls for Sam - lol!

When I was New Jersey, my first phone number used to belong to this girl who modeled - a LOT. So I got phone calls about 3 times a week, on my answering machine (with my voice), asking whether or not I'd be available for a shoot in NYC. It got old, so I finally left a message (for a FULL MONTH) which said, "Hey, you've reached David Relyea. I am not a girl, so if this is a modeling agency, I have a penis. If this is a friend of mine, you probably already knew that. If this is somebody I'm dating, you definitely already knew that. And if this is my parents, you've listened too long."

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home