Tuesday, August 02, 2005

The Positive Side of Unemployment



The positive side:when you finally do go into work... you fucking LOVE working.

Or at least I do.

I worked my white-girl ass off today. And loved it. I actually missed my boss, and paying bills, and doing payroll and reconciling accounts. It's fun spending someone else's money.

But not full time.

Just for today.

I'm thinking maybe grabbing about three part time jobs like that would be good. I wouldn't be overworked. I wouldn't be bored. Or maybe I just need something that allows me to feel busy. Move around a lot. I don't know.

I had the most horrendous dream last night.
Back in Flag, I visited all of my friends, who all had superb jobs in exactly the field they had always hoped. One friend was making school his forte. I was appauled when he opted for his masters after finishing 5 1/2 hours as an undergrad, three in law school, but I laughed whole-heartedly.

The whole, my friends are all fullfilling their destinies while i'm still sitting around going, "ner" was great, especially when i woke up at 9 and realized that reality really isn't much different right now. But, I suppose after two hours of laying in shaking (due to a caffiene intake at 12am - my boyfriend thought i was masterbating), I was thankful just to be sleeping.

How do you coffee drinkers Do it?

Not only did i appreciate work today, but I also welcomed gaping wounds onto my plate.

It started this morning when I was bending down to pick up my phone. Smacked my head on the corner of this metal lantern I have and was bleeding from the head for about 15 minutes.

Not as funny as the time I farted while playing jacks, leaned down to laugh at my self and split my eyebrow open on the kitchen counter. My mom was quick to my rescue with a big bag of frozen peas.

Later at work, I got a wicked nose bleed.
My boss told me to tip my head back.
I chose otherwise (after doing that at the age of 12, and having it drain into my stomach...i learned my lesson).

Now, my hands are a little covered in blood, as installing a Casement Air Conditioner is a mother fucking bitch, but god damn it. It's done.

And i'm one happy kid.

So i won't talk about all the unhappy tonight. Maybe tomorrow. I think I need a day to proccess (like cheese).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home