Monday, August 15, 2005

Cruising the Celebrity Wave

Wierd imput of famous people into my life over the last few days.

And I mean wierd.

Headed to the Pavillions Saturday Night as my boy was opening with Melissa Ivey for Stephen Page of Bare Naked Ladies. His green room was actually right next to Melissas.

You know those Annexes where they can divide off walls with an accordian screen --- well that seperated us. So I snuck my camera phone up to it and was recording Mr. Page practicing. I'll put that up as soon as I can - which is actually funny - because no visual, just audio. Unless you find a beige curtain appealing to the eye...?

While we were waiting for Melissa to go on, we walked out to the "Stuff your Face" VIP Tent and met up with... Jason Priestly. You all know him as "Brandon" from 90210. I never got into that show. Sean basically MADE me walk out and get a picture of him. The conversation went as follows:

Sean: Hey Dude, Can we get a picture? She has a camera phone.
Jason: Yeah - No problem. No Problem.
Me: Hi... (Shakes hand akwardly.) Sorry - this is retarded.
Jason:Oh - no problem, no problem.
Me: I'm sorry, what was your name again?
Jason: (Rolls Eyes, then laughs) Jason. Nice to meet you.

Apparently he was Master of Ceremonies for the Grand Prix Event this weekend that took over Auraria. He used to race cars a lot (which I think i knew) but nearly died so he's a little less crazy now-a-days.

Today, I'm in the Soundstructure Office Paying Bills, Reconiciling Accounts, Managing Studios --- And who walks in?

Ben Folds.

Nice Guy. Green Glasses. Pees A Lot. I think he had about 17 waters while he was in here tho.
He also called Rufus Wainwright while sitting here, too. Interesting.

I had no idea that he had an Australian wife and 6-year-old twins.

I got to play his rental piano tho (he played here at The Walnut Room for a special Radio Event. He played one of the longest Pianos i've ever seen. So beautimous.

I got to play it when he was done. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home