Thursday, December 30, 2004

puffy-eye syndrome.

it's really a travesty when one forgets ones things upon returning home from a trip. unfortunately for me, this is something that is inevitable every time i travel... no matter how careful i am.

this time...it was my little red leather make-up case, complete with new clinique mascara and blush/eyeshadows, tweezers, and most importantly...my retainer. lord love the retainer... albeit dorky - i basically look like a football player, but my jaw screams ode to joy when it gets to snuggle my teeth on in to that puppy every night while i sleep. keeps my pallette hydrated (as in... i don't sleep with my mouth wide open and wake up with cottonmouth) and even keeps me from saying incriminating things in my sleep.

for example:

"I hate when this happens! I have to have a barbie doll!!"

Who would you rather sleep next to? Quiet, semi-dorky looking when-she-sleeps Sami...or insult-you-while-she doesn't-know-it-and-perhaps-snoring-in-your-ear Sami? I think you know the answer (although, i don't really snore).

So yeah... my make-up isn't here, so i have had to be creative with what i found in expired make-up cases under my sink...some old-school mascara that really doesn't do anything... bronzer for blush and... some kind of purple eyeshadow thing, which soon got changed to pink...so really, my eyes look like a big bruise.

that's hot.

All of the crying last nite didn't really help too much... my eyes are about... 30% more closed together than usual because of eye-lid bloat, and i've had to rock some undereye cream to try and make the puffiness go down (i think you need to do this for about three weeks to see results).

I'm thinking today should be reserved for a spa day:

-massage
-fluffy white robes
-clay masks
-and-
-cucumbers on the eyes.

And... maybe a bloody mary as well, because as i've concluded...an extreme bawlfest, like mine last nite, is equally condusive to drinking 10 or so shots of vodka and not sucking down water to cover your ass the next morning. i feel severely hung over.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home