Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Growing up...

Well... I called him.

Not really with the intentions i had set forth yesterday. I was driving around looking at apartments, waiting for the current boy to call to hang out and had a sneaking suspicion he was going to end up staying home.

So i called the puzzle boy while waiting (totally not right). He picked up right away.

"Hey! What are you doing."

"Uh... sitting on the toilet."

"Alright then!..."

"Yeah... well i wouldn't have known you called. (laughs). How are you?"

"Fine. What are you doing tonight?"

"I don't know... why?"

"Oh - i was going to see if you wanted to hang out with me."
[it wasn't insinuated, but i'm sure there was a tone of "hang out" meaning "have sex."]

"Well - i have to get up really early for work tomorrow."

"What time?"

"Five."

"Well, i'm not going to make you hang out 'til 11 or anything."
[hi... the guy i'm dating now works at 5 every day and still hangs out with me 'til late. *humph*]

[long pause]

"[sigh] I appreciate it... but i probably shouldn't."

"Ok...Ok. [pause] You shouldn't because...?"

I think he said something like... "i don't want to pick up where we left last time" but it was mumbled, and when i asked him what he had said, he retorted with, "Oh... i just got home from work...really long day... pretty tired."

"...Alright. I mean - i can understand that..."

"Yeah. I'd really love to hang out with you, actually...
i feel like i'm backing out of some bullshit here, - i'm not. Cause there's no Bullshit."

"Right."

[pause]

"OK then... well have fun sleeping!"

I can't believe he said NO!

Apprently my new aid to fixing my feeling of rejection is to go shopping.
So i headed straight for the furniture store and set myself up for financing for a brand new leather couch and antique tv stand/armoir thing.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It was totally worth the $1117... and the feeling of being so adult. WOOHOOO!!!!

But i suppose my little phone call to the ex kind of dumbs my age down a bit, don't you think?
Maybe the maturity comes in me not crying about it. It was bad news anyway.
Atleast I got it out of my system...

for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home