Monday, January 10, 2005

An Interesting Turn of Events

Upon doing some much-needed purging last night, I came across Toca, Jason Mraz's infamous conga man since before mraz hit pop mainstream. La di dah... i have his phone number in my cell contact list (obtained from a show in vegas over a year ago when he opened for JONNY LANG!).


I figured, a year later, he probably made a change-up, but i figured before i deleted the number, I'd call and check (not expecting an answer, but rather... a voicemail message center).

"Hey, This is Toca."

I hang up quick. Ok... still him.

Five minutes later, i'm fussing around with my outgoing voicemail message and get a call-waiting beep. Who is it?

HOLY CRAP!

I sent him directly to voicemail, where shortly after, i retrieve this message:

"Yo, What's up Sami? This is Toca Riviera. You were the last call on my telephone... SO... I'm in Phoenix... No, not Phoenix, we're in Tempe, Arizona... We just did a show here. And, you're going to hate it when you pick up your phone and find out I called back mwa ha ha ha...HA HA HA(devilish laugh)! But uh.. yeah. I do that because I CANNN!!!! PEACE!"

I called him back. He answered... we conversed for 10 minutes or so. Nice guy. Walking around Drunk on Mill Avenue. I'm laughing wicked hard here...

I was also just informed that a friend of mine (also in the music circuit) is involved in a love triangle with mr. mraz...

Now, if you were the girl in the middle... who would you pick?

Seth (solo-bassist amazing man from Vertical Horizon *early days*)


Or... Mraztastic?

1 Comments:

Blogger Sami Jo said...

testing, testing... please mutha f'in work bajebus!

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home