Tuesday, November 16, 2004

The Edge of Reason

Grr... i typed up a meaty entry last night and blogger deleted it. Damn you, blog fiend!

Maynard and Holiday hate each other. They've been "Hurrrrrring" and Hissing at each other since i got home on Sunday night. I couldn't decide who to devote my attention to, as Maynard had been trapped in a tiny carrying case in the car for seven hours as well as introduced to a new living situation and Holiday had been left by her lonesome for five days straight. Maynard pretty much made my mind up for me when he climbed into the cabinet under my bathroom sink and set up camp for the night.


I also saw the second Bridget Jones last nite... as i had been anticipating the release of a movie ever since i've read the book four or five times over the past three and a half years. It was actually pretty disapointing. They left out major plotlines (i.e. the 9-year-old servant boy found in Darcy's bed, the impending annoyance of "Rebecca," Mark's pseudo girlfriend that just sort of stepped into that spot (she was NOT a lesbian, like in the movie) and the fact that Bridget wasted away down to a measily 114 lbs while in a Thai prison. I really thought the producers would have taken advantage of Zelweger's normally svelt figure). The Edge of Reason suffers the same epidemic like movies such as Legally Blonde: Red White and Blonde, in that it was basically the exact same movie as the first, just in a different setting with slightly different scenarios. It had nearly the same intro scene, job/boyfriend catastrophe and even a fight scene. Pshh... Daniel Cleaver (Hugh Grant) wasn't even bloody involved in the book. Fuck that shit...Regardless, i'll still probably buy it... i'm not wanting to go shopping for cute skirts, sweaters, tights and knee-high boots to wear to my new job this winter, and i'm definately pining for my mark darcy in life...rawr.



I laughed heartily Sunday night when I was driving back from home, as I got sidetracked in Cheyenne for an extra hour or so because my sister's friends drove to Denver instead of Cheyenne from Laramie (hmm...). In leu of the last 90 miles, I was extremely tired and searching for people to keep me awake on the road. My best friend was sleeping, another was passed out in Long Island, and the third is shady sex boy that called me on Thursday, conveniently when i had already left town.

"Hey! What are you doing?"
"Homework."

"Oh... i didn't mean to bug ya..."
"You're not! How are you?"

"I'm cool. I'm a little frustrated right now, and i'm really tired from driving and was looking for someone to talk to for a little while."
"You aren't in Denver?"
"No. I went home this week."
"Oh."

"Plus, i have to get up at 8 for work tomorrow morning."
"Alright sweetie, well drive safe and I'll talk to you later this week!"

Translation: You're not available for me to take advantage of tonight 1. because you're 100 miles away and 2. you have to get up early in the morning! I'll call you at a later date so i can use you then.

Hahahhahaha. Right. Good luck with that.

Since I'm only working Mon, Wed, Fri this week for the new job, I have today and Thursday open for writing. I'm kicking out my music articles today, because I don't want to stress my editor out. I just finished the write-up on Dieselboy and am about to write a very cynical piece on Kottonmouth Kings. The reggae rock rap sucks ass and i told my editor i had a hard time writing about a band that feels their biggest accomplishment is all of the times they've been thrown in jail thoughout their music career for hallucinogenic drugs. Word to you, your music fucking sucks. lay off the dope.

I want one of these:

This is my new three-month-old cousin Charleston (Chaz). He is the most relaxed, beautiful baby i've ever met. His eyes get huge when he stares at me and when i kiss him on the cheek, he gives a sideways smile. I'm in love.

Chandler: "Stick a fork in me, I'm done."
Phoebe: "What?"
Chandler: "You know... when meat's ready..."
Phoebe: "Oh...i'm a vegetarian, so i don't really get it."
Chandler: "Ok... well how do you know when vegetables are ready?"
Phoebe: "Well...you don't. You just eat it."
Chandler: "Oh. Then, EAT ME...I'm Done."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home