Thursday, March 03, 2005

Ooooh... no.

Here's where i try to catch you up on all that shit that's gone down in the last few days. This will be sort of a... "meat addition."

No Fluff. Just the Imporant stuff.

So where did we leave off...

OH yes...

Tuesday, The First of March.

I was being all kinds of mass productive at work when...

I spilled my cranberry juice on my desk; it slipped under [john's] computer, shorting it out. john took it to the apple store. i panicked.

Emergency Phone Call to the Wife:

"Oh my gawd!," i screech. "I feel horrible. I just spilled cranberry juice all over the desk and John's at the Apple store now seeing if it can be fixed."

"You'll be fine, ho," ...so suzy says. "i spilled a whole thing of beer once and it dried out overnight. Unless it was a flood of cranberry juice, you should be fine.

Upon John's return, the following information is recieived:

"So... do i owe you $1000 ??," I ask, not really wanting to know the answer
"Well..," says the bossman, "the tech guy said it's going to cost a minimum of $600 to fix.
My heart drops... just a little bit.

"It's ok. Shit happens.... [i'm sure he's not really thinking this, but can tell how bad i feel]. "just don't drink around your computer anymore."

I'm "that kid" in those early 90s commercials... you know... "I'm sorry... so sorry!"
Will somebody buy me a Sipee-Cup?

Regardless, john's not making me pay for it, which is extremely generous. i feel like shit. and a bad employee... so i've been scrambling for things to do the past few days.

As if that afternoon weren't wierd enough [tenion-eee from what had happened], i had to seriously clean a few of the studios because some people don't clean out their shit when they move. arrrrggrrrrr.

so i vaccuumed for a good hour-or-so...in heels. i am a 1950s house wife. hot, no?

headed over to the hot project's straight afterword. ate pizza, watch his upstairs neighbor ride around on a moped...watched HP fall asleep at 8:30...watched Austin Powers 2, then watched the ceiling for a few hours wishing i could fall asleep.

at 11:15, HP rolls over and declares he feels refreshed from the minute amount of time that he's been passed out.

"Well...how lovely for you."

I finally fall asleep... get up at 8:00am to drive back home to feed my cats. This drive usually takes 20 minutes, but there was a massive accident on sixth avenue, so it took me 35. With work at nine, my time schedule divies up something of the like:

8:36am: arrive home
8:36-and-a-1/2 am: feed cats
8:37am: strip; jump in shower
8:39am: exit shower, fully clean
8:42am: dress, brush hair, throw on some eyeliner and cat-eye glasses [because i feel ugly]
8:44am: throw food in bag.
8:46am: clean up cat puke because Maynard is either a: bullemic or b: scared of starving to death. He threw up thrice because he ate too fast. argggggg
8:47am: in car, en lu to work.

i was only... seven minutes late... i think.

Yesterday was another "dopey doh" what-do-i-do day because still.. no computer [reminder... i did this to myself].

come home to find four more deposits of cat puke. ARGARARRRARRGG!!!

Call MOM:

"I am NOT having a good week so far," i say. "I've been in a two-week funk."
"Yeah...," mom replies. "you've been having a three-star week."

Damn, astrology! Damn it all! And the paper in Rapid City, SD never puts anything lower than a three [i'm sure, just to boost people's morale] so for all i know, it could be one/two stars.

I passed out at 11. woke up at six, having forgotten to brush teeth/wash face. gross.

I brush teeth, wash face... go back to bed until 8:08am [i actually reset my alarm for this time...]
Now i'm back at work still scrambling, but able to use john's laptop right now... [typing up newsletter for work].

Tonight: Mason Jennings opening for Modest Mouse. Trying to find two tickets for suzy and me. If you see two girls workin' it on Colfax just around the Filmore... we're not hookin'... just wanting tickets. Though... i'm sure suzy would take some money if you'd just touch her legs.

If you can help... or you want to share ticket time [we'll take the opener -- you take the mouse boys], we should totally work out a deal.

reach me at work all day... 303.292.0529. i'll be sitting by the phone... staring at it... waiting... for something to happen.
gawd. this must be how it felt like to work in an office in the 80s. ahhhhh!


[sidenote: jason mraz may have the voice of gawd... but he's a little bit of a drama queen. more on this later...]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home