Tuesday, September 28, 2004

And now the bright spot of my day...

And now… a second go.

I just typed up this really long shpiel and AOL shut down on me. I’m going to have to call the authorities. I am annnnnngry!

I enjoy this winding down bit at the end of my now (and finally) busy days. Especially after writing very art history-like papers on places in Italy that I have yet to visit. I’ve devised a plan, though, and I think I may just put all the money I make from these projects towards a passport and plane ticket to Europe. Now that I’ve mastered the fine art of wearing a hat and extending the waiting period between showers, I think I could handle a yet-to-be decided slice of time over on a different continent. All I need is my portable disc player, a sweet mix of music and… me! An Ipod would be nice, too… I would need a catsitter though...


I think I could really get into the whole freelance thing. I chill at home and work on things at my own pace, which is fine as long as I get it done. Holiday likes it, too. She likes chillin' on my shag rug. She's usually just happy as long as I'm around.

Now that I have a few different venues in which to actually use my mad skills in the writing world, I’m actually enjoying myself. It’s so odd, because I still feel like I’m writing feature stories for Mary Tolan (she rocks casbah) back at NAU or Art-History papers for… whatever that teacher’s name is. I actually couldn’t tell you, because I, uh… never went to class. Woops.

I finally picked up my Musician's Atlas ($42!) today down at the book store. I special ordered it about three weeks ago to help kick off the whole booking agency thing with one of my favorite girls...

This book has every possible content you'd ever need to be even remotely involved in the biz:
College Radio and Venues
Major and Indie Labels
Promotion
E-marketing
Tour Support


I seriously believe that anyone can do anything they want to. And not just because I have ridiculously high ambition. Anyone can purchase an, "(Insert topic of interest) For Dummies!" Edition and get started on whatever they want. There's just that whole actually following through with the great things you talk about in life... And that illiteracy thing.

MUSIC BREAK:
In lieu of my upcoming endeavors as a booking agent/manager, I urge you to check out a couple of bands:
The Loveblisters



Quartus



There is the coolest guy down at Jason's Deli off of Union that always hooks me up major. Last time I ran in (literally) he served me up a meal completely free of cash exchange, and tonite he added a ton of extra sustenance to my little brown sandwich bag. You should go. Tell him "Ralph" sent you!

I’m also meeting a lot of really cool guys down here that actually accept me for me. Haha. Who knew?

What?

There are guys that are actually gentleman, and call when they say they will and aren’t a walking excuse for every event that even slightly involves their presence? I had no idea… This is news to me.

And pleasant news at that, despite all the bad shtuff I hear on Channel 9 every night.

Instead, I choose to be ignorant.

But I can tell you who Renee Zelweger is dating:

(Jackie white)

And who Alanis is settling down with for the rest of her life:

(Ryan Reynolds, a.k.a. Van Wilder... so unfair)


And also a bunch of really random, really good bands you should be checking out!:(click the photo to check the band)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home